Created on April 01 ’09 Wednesday
Na-miss ko na ang little girl namin ah… 🙂
ang likot.. hehe..
My niece Ishka (as I fondly call her ) is 1 year, 7 months and 14 days today to be exact. Been missing her for weeks since Valentine’s Day when she showed me then her imitating the Coke Mag-Smile commercial and Lactum Triangle. Nakaka-aliw talaga.
Obvious ba na pamangkin ko siya? Adik din sa TV eh. 🙂
She can speak a few words already. Though not totally straight and clear, but understandable naman. I think she’ll learn to speak early and will skip baby talking. Ngayon pa lang ang daldal na. She’s been imitating intonations and is amused of the english language. (nyay..).
Talk to her in English, and she’ll blab words as if responding in English too..hehe. Of course, like any toddler, she knows No and Yes already.
So here’s Ishka’s baby vocabulary words :
1. Wiwing (swimming) – and she will act it out, moving her arms and feet. She has a mini kiddie pool at home, maybe that’s why she knows about swimming.
2. Upo or sit (yes, either she’ll understand). Ayaw niya ng may nakatayo. Kapag may nakita siyang nakatayo, she’ll motion you to sit down. And you better indulge her, otherwise di ka niya titigilan. 🙂
umirap na..hehe.. sit beside her na nga naman.
She knows how to sit properly too. Legs crossed. Like a little lady. 🙂
cyempre bata siya, minsan nakakalimutan. just remind her and she'll do as told
3. Higa ( as in lay down ). Naku, sana wag siyang masyadong maging ‘tamad’ katulad ko. 🙂
Mam baket di umaabot ung paa ko ha.. kaya ayan inimprovise yung pillows para umabot lang.
Kapag napapagod na siya sa kalikutan niya, siya na mismong pupuwesto para humiga at mag-rest. Di na siya kelangan patulugin pa.
at matutulog siyang mag-isa..keber..:)
4. Gatas or milk (again, either she understands and asks for it when she wants it). Try tease her by ignoring her, dun lang siya maiiyak ( not the palahaw-like ha, never pa siya nagwalang parang brat. She’lll get the milk and bottle (as if she can independently fix her own milk).
She eats rice already. Loves biscuits. She can manage to eat all by herself and with less mess. When she’s done with her bottle, she’ll give it to you. (unlike other kids who would throw it away) And by the way, if you forget to cover it, she’ll look for the cap and cover it herself. 🙂
she's not allowed to use the fork yet...
she'll break the biscuits in smaller bite size pieces... ang sosyal inde messy. 🙂
5. Anyong (Ninong). Her Tito Ninong Mikkey.
inde na siya ang bunso...college na din siya sa pasukan. 🙂
Things she loves :
Her newest book is from her Mamu (my Tita), a first-must read Baby Bible she bought from MV Doulous Ship
2. BAGS. She’ll get the bag, hang it on her shoulder and waves as if she’s leaving to go somewhere else. Naoobserve nya ata sa amin. hehe..
bye...alis po muna ako. 🙂
Ma, uwi na po tayo...
3. SINGING AND DANCING. She’ll hum and would make her way to get the mic. ( she can already refer to microphone as ‘mik’.. haha.. and sings ‘Away’ — (You’re always a day aaa–way….) everytime we do videoke or she sees the mik este mic pala…:)
4. WRITE / DRAW.
I still keep her first scribbles when she was 7 months old. 🙂 Now she can draw small and big circles. (in the air and also on paper).
She’ll attempt to trace her hand too. Ang cute niyang humawak ng pen oh… Check this out.
5. COMPUTERS. She’ll ask you to turn on the computer if its off. Di pa niya nadidiscover how to turn it on (unlike with the TV, she knows already how to use the remote control and switch channels). Lagot na kapag natutunan nya. Yung videoke nga alam na nya san pina-plug ung mic eh.
Pa, Ma, may naresearch na po kau na name ng baby brother ko?
My sister is seven months on the family way. To date, new baby boy will be named John Benedict.
Tita, ubusin mo muna ang lunch mo before ka mag-computer. Ako muna po ha. 🙂
My list seems to be endless. I’d like to save it and relate it here some other time.
Ooopss, let me add one more. — She loves to amuse us and give us her sweetest, contagious and happy smile. Priceless, isn’t it?
Here’s a song that she really loves. (from the Musical, ANNIE, though her fave is the version from grown-up/mother, Lea’s TV commercial since she’s barely a year old. )
TOMORROW by Lea Salonga
The sun’ll come out
Bet your bottom dollar
There’ll be sun!
Just thinkin’ about
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
‘Til there’s none!
When I’m stuck a day
I just stick out my chin
The sun’ll come out
So ya gotta hang on
Come what may
I love ya Tomorrow!